Thursday, July 9, 2009

What is the learning curve of C#? Can you master it in 6 months?

I was told that if I learn C# in 6 months , I will get a job no matter what. I was told that C# programmers are in shortage. I was to do ASP.NET developer using C# which should be easier I think. I am 46 what are my chances to get in?? I only know some html. Thanks.

What is the learning curve of C#? Can you master it in 6 months?
ASP.NET and c# developers are not in shortage.





*GOOD* ASP.NET and c# developers are in extreme shortage. In such extreme shortage that if you get strong in .NET, shoot me an e-mail and I'll probably have a desk with your name on it.





If you are a naturally talented programmer, you should have no trouble getting to an intermediate level of .NET/c# in 6 months.
Reply:If you're familiar with Java and C++ 6 months might work. It all depends on your OOP experience. The HTML will help out when building your web forms but is useless when trying to program the application. ASP.NET is an excellent technology to learn. I would definitely recommend jumping into it. Get a subscription to ACM.org they have training courses through skillsoft that will help you get on the right foot. Your age is irrelevant. The thing that matters most is if you'll be able to keep up with the changes in the .NET framework to stay up to speed.


No comments:

Post a Comment