Sunday, July 12, 2009

Should I learn Visual Basic or C# for programming with ASP .NET?

I've written the basics of a website log file analyzer in JavaScript that due to the language's restrictions cannot process a real log in a reasonable amount of time. (Apparently the random 10-12ms lags cause execution time to quadruple when the dataset is doubled.)





I'm interested in learning ASP .NET to realize my project, but I don't know which supported language is going to calculate the statistics faster, Visual Basic or C#.





I'm also interested in which of the languages is closer to emulating the JavaScript string functions as well as which is preferred by developers.

Should I learn Visual Basic or C# for programming with ASP .NET?
Visual Basic is obsolete. Go with C#, ASP.NET or even better WPF

wreath

No comments:

Post a Comment