Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What are some new/popular web technologies worth learning?

I'm a ASP.NET/C# and JavaScript/Ajax developer, who actively uses SQL server, mysql, oracle, etc. I occasionally use PHP and ColdFusion.





I want to get into Adobe Flex and possibly Silverlight, but am not sure how popular these technologies are at the moment and/or if it's even worth learning these if companies aren't hiring architects implementing these technologies. Also, what about Ruby-on-Rails?





So, for someone who does what I do, is learning Flex or Silverlight worth it, or are there other technologies out there that someone in my field should start learning (e.g., companies will pay for guys with those skillsets).





Thanks!

What are some new/popular web technologies worth learning?
Most of those technologies will work for what you want. I'm not sure if Flex and Silverlight will catch on, but they're still worth a shot. Also, I recommend putting more effort towards PHP, as it's more popular than ASP.NET.

gift

No comments:

Post a Comment