Thursday, July 9, 2009

C#/.NET to Java/J2EE developer? Where do I start?

I'm a ASP.NET developer coding in C# and am interested in getting started with Java and the J2EE platform. Where do I start? Is there a free SDK and framework that I can download and run like there is for .NET? Any good tutorials with examples? I'm looking for techniques and development styles that are new and are widely utilized in today's business.





Thanks!!

C#/.NET to Java/J2EE developer? Where do I start?
If you said that you wanted to move from VB.NET to Java, I would say it would be a bit of an effort. However from C# to Java, it is a lot more easier. You will be surprised how similar the syntax of the two languages are.





The sun website is a good place to start learning java. There are a lot of other websites that have good tutorials but it depends what you want to learn.....When you say java, it is pretty vast. There is a lot in java and it will depend on what you are trying to learn.





Example you mentioned you were coding in ASP. NET so I assume you are intrested in web side programming. Java has JSF, JSP, Strurts, Servlets etc. A lot of these are interlinked but like i said it all depends what you want to learn to program in.
Reply:hey have a look at www.sun.com


U will find all tutorials


See this site :


http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/


No comments:

Post a Comment